The fourth WBA hackathon — Providing AI with gaze control — was held in October, 2018, in the spirit of our mission “to promote the open development of Whole Brain Architecture.”
Date: October 6th, 7th, and 8th, 2018
Venue: Φ Cafe, Kadokawa Hongo Bldg. 6F, 5-24-5 Hongo, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Seven teams aimed for developing brain-inspired cognitive architecture capable of executing cognitive tasks by changing the provided sample code. The hackathon featured gaze controlling tasks and the participants competed in the development of architecture to be judged with the GPS criteria for functional Generality, biological Plausibility, and computational Simplicity.
On the final day, the teams made presentations and the following prizes were given to selected teams: Best Prize ×1 (with 100 thousand JPY), Prize for Excellence ×3 (with 50 thousand JPY), Encouraging Prize ×1 (with 10 thousand JPY), and Sponsor Prize (Furuya Accounting Office AGI Prize with 50 thousand JPY).
From the experience in preparing the sample code for the hackathon, we now believe that we have reached a stage where WBA can be partly developed.
Links for Materials
- Call for Participation
- Orientation Material
- Task Sample Code
- Agent Sample Code (Wiki)
- Movie & More Photos
* GitHub links lead to the content developed during the hackathon.
■ Let there be light
Matsumori, Shoya; Seno, Takuma; Abe, Yuki; Ishikawa, Toshiki
Prize for Excellence, Furuya Accounting Office AGI Prize
■ Meta Limbic System
Yuma KAJIHARA; Shohei TANIGUCHI; Yoshimasa SAKURAGI; Hiroki NAGANUMA; Tatsuya MATSUSHIMA
Prize for Excellence
Kawazoe, Sana; Kayanuma, Shintaro; Kojima, Kazuya; Miyata, Masahiro
Prize for Excellence
■ Mynet AI
Shinji Omi; Shinya Umeno; Tetsuya Nohama; Takatsugu Kosugi; Michika Maruyama; Takuro Moriyama; Yoshiaki Shiga; Daiki Kiribuchi; Tomoshi Ootsuki
■ Moment of Eureka 2018
Organizer: The Whole Brain Architecture Initiative (Operated by the WBAI Supporters)
Collaborated with Dwango AI Lab.
Sponsor: Furuya Accounting Office
- SIG-AGI of the Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
- Grant-in-Aid for Scientific Research on Innovative Areas “Comparison and Fusion of Artificial Intelligence and Brain Science”
- MEXT Grant: Post K “The Whole Brain Simulation and Brain-like AI”
- The Kakenhi project “Brain information dynamics underlying multi-area interconnectivity and parallel processing”
- Project AGI
- Japanese Neural Network Society
- MEXT: enPiT-Pro Smart SE
- The Japanese Society for Artificial Intelligence
- RIKEN Center for Biosystems Dynamics Research